Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Favorites 2004, 2011: Spokane's South Hill

Now I'm going to jump ahead three decades to the near-present, fully immersed into digital SLR photography. I haven't yet taken the opportunity to go leaf-peeping this season, beyond taking in the colors as I drive around town. We had a strong wind storm all day today and there were a lot of loose leaves blowing around. At times the view out my windows looked like a snow globe full of gold leaves.

The first two images were taken in 2004 with a Nikon D100 and the rest were taken with a D300. My complement of lenses is a Nikkor 12-24mm f/4, a Tokina ATX 28-80mm f/2.8, and a Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8. One of the things I did early on was to try to buy pro- and/or pro-quality equipment and then work into it. Once equipment issues were out of the way, I could concentrate on the photographer. Why Nikon DSLR bodies? Because I already had over $1000 in Nikon lenses to go with my F4, a pro 35mm body that served me well for over a decade.

 
Rockwood Blvd. at Overbluff 

 
This shot of Overbluff Drive was taken as a 5-second exposure for a photo assignment on Photochimps.com.

 
Rockwood Blvd at Highland Ave. There's a sidewalk and a street under the leaves.

 
Something found in a yard during a leaf walk near West 21st Ave.

 
West 8th Ave., looking west toward Jefferson.
 
 
 
Cedar St. between 12th and 13th
 
 
 
 
More Fall colours to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment